Just released by ASRM Covid-19 Task Force on 03/31/2020 affirms all the stated recommendations of 03/17/2020 as timely and appropriate regarding no initiation of new treatments to include:
- Ovulation induction for intercourse or IUI (intra-uterine inseminations)
- IVF stimulation
- Fresh or frozen embryo transfers
- Only exceptions to be considered is for patients (female or male) with impending treatment for cancer which would be considered gonadotoxic possibly rendering them infertile after treatment
In addition the recommendation included suspending all elective surgeries and non-urgent diagnostic procedures to such as:
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Office Hysteroscopy
- Diagnostic/operative laparoscopy
- Operative Hysteroscopy
The task force will reassess and update at no more than 2 week intervals considering the fluid and evolving situation.
Please stay safe and healthy and remember social distancing and wash your hands often! My office will post updates as received and praying that we can resume treatment in the near future.